For our client in the biotechnology branch we are looking for a motivated hands-on Fermentation Biotechnologist in the Fermentation Department. If you are looking for a new challenge and want to be responsible for characterizing metabolically engineered microbial strains in small-scale fermentation, then you may be the right talent for us!
For our office near Basel
, we are looking for you to start at the next possible date
asFermentation Biotechnologist (m/f/d)
Permanent contract | Full-time (40 hrs.)That's waiting for you
The Fermentation Department provides support for our metabolic engineering teams and is also involved in the transfer of our production strains and processes to our CMOs and the direct interaction on-site. This position will require a self-starting, results-oriented researcher, who will thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities will change regularly. The multi-disciplinary nature of the fermentation department requires interaction with scientists in the strain engineering, downstream process development, and analytical teams, as well as contract manufacturing and research organizations.Your responsibilities as Biotechnologist
Your profile as Biotechnologist
- Planning, designing and execution of fermentation related experimental plans in support of physiological characterisation of metabolically engineered microbial strains and process development within a cross-functional team structure
- Provide leadership for the development of industrial media and fermentation processes for piloting and commercial operations
- Development of fermentation processes using scale down models to predict process performance at manufacturing scale
- Process transfer to our CMOs, involving on-site support
- Partner with production to troubleshoot, identify and implement productivity improvements for the production process
- Contribution to project plans, timelines and technical scope of existing and new projects
- Documentation of experimental data, preparation of technical reports, communication of findings to relevant stakeholders
- Conduct review of literature, making recommendations for application to current process issues
Are you interested?
- Ph.D. in Microbiology, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, or related disciplines, with a minimum of 4+ years of working experience in an industrial setting, ideally including interaction with industrial/commercial partners
- Strong knowledge of microbial systems, physiology and cellular metabolism
- Experience in the physiological characterization of microbial organisms using bench-scale bioreactors, including batch, fed-batch and continuous processes
- Experience in developing and improving microbial fermentation processes
- Experience with fermentation piloting, scale-up, and technology transfer to industrial settings
- Experimental design and data analysis capabilities including Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Demonstrated capability to participate in multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Very good command of English
- Ability to travel (CMO support) up to 20%
Then apply as "Fermentation Biotechnologist (m/f/d)" by clicking on the 'Apply'
button! Please send us your compelling CV with a cover letter in English attached.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Olivier Müller on +41 (0) 7870-48884.
Bei dieser Stelle handelt es sich um eine Vollzeitstelle.